starcommunity.com.au is our news and information portal serving South East Mebourne audiences. The site received more than 2.27 Million sessions and 3.25 million page views in 2016 with more than 23 million advertising impressions during the year. On average Star Community has over 189,000 sessions each month and more than a quarter million page views*. The portal presents news, sport and information content for the Gazette, News and Journal as well as Real Estate and other specialty publication content.
In VIC our network of sites include mailcommunity.com.au, geelongindy.com.au and the Voice Newspaper Group sites oceangrovevoice.com.au as well as voiceonpako.com.au and bellarinevoice.com.au
In NSW our site awnw.com.au serves the Albury Wodonga News Weekly audience.
In QLD the Warwick region is served by the freetimes.com.au and in Noosa our site is noosatoday.com.au
For more information about online advertising speak with an advertising executive. Find your nearest office on our contact us page.
Benefits of online advertising:
- Expand your reach to online consumers with a trusted online publisher
- Target your advertising to the audience in your community
- Increase awareness of your brand
- Drive traffic to your web site
- Bundle print and online to maximize exposure of your products and services
Banner Advertisement Shapes (measured in pixels)
- Top block 250 wide X 90 high
- Leaderboard 728 wide X 90 high
- Medium rectangle 300 wide X 250 high
Select where your banner advertising will run. You may choose to target a specific region or a series of regions.
- Casey, VIC
- Cardinia, VIC
- Dandenong, VIC
- Yarra & Dandenong Ranges, VIC
- Greater Geelong, VIC
- Bellarine Peninsula, VIC
- Albury Wodonga, NSW
- Noosa, QLD
- Warwick, QLD
Banner Advertising Time Rates:
Casual rates are per week based on a single placement region and a set percentage of the available inventory for the banner advertisement shape.
- Top block
- Medium Rectangle
Creative Production Rates:
Our creative services production team can assist you in producing your banner ad material or you may choose to supply your own. Please note we reserve the right to approve all submitted creative.
- Standard banner ad $75
- Animated banner ad $125
- Two rounds of revisions for creative included…additional revisions $25 each
Steps for booking online advertising:
1. Select which banner ad shape to use.
2. Choose the placement where your banner ad will appear
3. Plan when the banner ad will begin to run and end then check for available online inventory
4. Provide the creative or request the creative material be produced by the production team
5. Provide the click through URL that the banner ad will link to online
Please allow at least 5 business days for creative to be produced and complete approved creative must be supplied 5 days prior to booking start date.
Creative Specifications for online
- Accepted image file types: GIF, PNG, JPEG
- File Sizes: Standard – maximum size 40kb, Animated – maximum size 150kb
- Animation Time: 15 seconds (looping permitted) Note: We recommend 3 slide animation for GIFS of not more than 4 seconds per slide.
All creative must have a border of at least 1 pixel width inside of the creative to define the image space. Borders may be grey or black and avoid white.
Third Party Ad Serving
We accept third party ad serving tags. Tags must be submitted following standard deadlines.
Finished approved creative and/or ad serving tags must be delivered 5 days prior to the start date of the campaign.
For more information about online advertising speak with your account executive. Find your nearest office on our contact us page.
Source: * Google Analytics 2016 / Double Click for Publishers 2016